While at the Waugh Partners launch party tonight, a bunch of people, mainly Lindsay asked for some details on what I’d be talking about at SLUG on Friday. I thought that was a very good question and that I should make something up 🙂
So for those that are wondering I will attempt to cover the following topics in no particular order or level of detail
- VoIP 🙂
- Codecs, which one should I use
- VoIP Hardware (Phones, ATAs, ISDN and PSTN cards, Mobile Pods)
- VoIP Providers and what they offer
- Asterisk and what it can do
- Beagle Internet IVR and distributed VoIP Call Centre as a case study
If there is anything else that in particular you are interested in or would like me to talk about then let me know.
I’ll also be bringing along various bits of hardware and hope to have a full demonstration running.
At Jeff’s request I will be doing an in depth overview of the difference between FXO and FXS and why it is critically important to any VoIP implementation. This will most likely require at least 20 slides and about 50 minutes of explanation 😛